Sunday, February 24, 2013

EVENTS NOT TO MISS - PECHA KUCHA



I think the first time I attended a Pecha Kucha night was when I first met Luana. 
20 slides. 20 seconds. 12 presenters. I was hooked. 
At the time, I thought I knew more or less what was going on in this city. Who was doing what, what new ideas were being developed, which publications were in, events, products, campaigns, designs… I was wrong. I knew jack shit. But I wasn't alone.

And so that night, there we all were, squatting on the stairs of St Nicholas, Gemmayze, a drink in one hand, a brochure in the other, listening to these presenters from multi-disciplinary backgrounds strutting their stuff. The presentation timing was perfect: long enough to get one's idea across and short enough to avoid boring anyone's pants off.

Pecha Kucha. As simple as that.
The concept is a Japanese one that first started in 2003. It literally translates to: chit chats and takes place in over 400 cities around the world. Beirut is one of them and this is Event Night number 16 already. Don' t miss out on any more.
See you there.

February 27th at 8pm in AltCity, Hamra

Petra

Video courtesy of Dima Boulad
http://vimeo.com/60199045

More info at:
www.pechakucha.org
www.pechakucha.org/cities/beirut


No comments:

Post a Comment