Sunday, February 17, 2013

GEEK EXPRESS

Monday. Six in the evening.
Cars arounds us, on top of us, underneath us. Cars cars honk cars honk honk cars...
We try to escape the traffic à la Libanaise, wriggling our way through small alleys. It's worse.
Boyfriend going nuts with my nagging, tries to distract me the best he can " look, a nice shop!" Like offering ice cream to a child, the charm works immediately.

A beautiful window. Cool looking things inside. Colors. Books. Shirts. Tables. I register it all in a glance. Beautiful raw stone walls. That does it. Park quickly!
"Geek Express has been open for 2 months" explains Abed, the store manager. "It is a boutique, a café and a workspace."There are rooms with glass separations called workshop areas. You can rent those unless they're being used for some geeky workshop you could sign up for.

To the right, a small café. No food in sight yet, only Urbanista bags."We get our coffee from there" says Abed. I take it it's good coffee then.

Tables with gadgets on them. Wiry funny looking stuff. I take the time to understand what's on the first table before the geek in me dies and I give up.
The last thing I go check out is a big weird machine. A 3D printer!
Now THAT, I want to see!! Is it the first one in town? Probably not. But definitely the first one I'm exposed to.  Like Wilma Flintstone seeing an iPad for the first time, I start jogging round the beast bombarding Abed with all kinds of questions. The poor fellow is overwhelmed.
"Get a file ready and come try it out" he mumbles at last. Bbberfect!

A great vibe, friendly staff, beautiful surroundings for work, and a 3D printer?
The geeks are out, and dear Lord Vader, they have brought some awesome new and vintage toys!

Luana







































Geek Express: https://www.facebook.com/GeekExpressLB?fref=ts
Coffee Reference from Urbanista: https://www.facebook.com/urbanista.me

No comments:

Post a Comment