Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A DRINK OR TWO

It rains over Bittersweet Beirut. It's lovely. At least I think so. A man on the street offered me roasted chestnuts. I happily obliged.

For the festive season, Luana and I thought it fun and useful, to focus on top 5s. We are all looking for ideas. We are all looking for inspiration. Maybe we can help.

There's a long list of top 5s.
Top 5 places

Top 5 products
Top 5 restaurants
Top 5 designers
Top 5 homes
Top 5 alleyways
Top 5 wall graffiti


But somehow the alcoholic in me gets served first. My top 5s starts there. Plus with rain, work overload and all, my brain and soul need to get warmed up to start producing. And so I find myself indulging more often than I'd like to admit. (Yes, Luana, I lied. I drank yesterday too).

Although I mostly enjoy my glass of wine, I will occasionally indulge in a cocktail if I know it to be worth my while. True, that you'll never know if it IS worth that while till you test it and... I've done my fair share of testing. When it is bad, it is bad. The bartender has to be freaking great to pull it off. Otherwise my words of caution: stick to Almaza or white rum on the rocks with a squirt of lime.

1. DragonFly: Moscow Mule - Thank you Nino Aramouni for no longer asking what I'm having (they mix everything well)

2. Kayan: Bloody Mary - goes well with the chips and salsa we all fill up on

3. Momo's: Passion Fruit Martini for fun, but Dirty Martini takes the cake - Wafic El Tibi: thank you for the intro

4. Dictateur: 005. I like. Luana loves. Hady Salhab, you did a good job. Nero, cheers

5. Centrale: Frozen Margarita

Now, a call out. I am personally looking for top 5 red wines. Good value for money bottles. Help would be appreciated.
Go ahead. Hit me.
I need to stock up. The nights are getting colder.

Petra



No comments:

Post a Comment