Sunday, December 30, 2012

LITTLE BLACK AGENDA


It's that time of the year when my life becomes really messy.
Suddenly, everything seems to make more sense "starting next year". Junk food in the middle of the night, missed deadlines, piles of dishes in the sink, all under the promise of a "New Me"; healthier, smarter, more organized and way more athletic-after the new year! (That's like tomorrow!!)
And so I panic! That's when I usually remember to buy my new agenda. Somehow it feels more real to me, more serious, to write down what I HAVE to start doing after new year's! It's like the commitment is truer.. Yes, I know, that's just crazy. A piece of paper :) Nevermind. 

The point is, this weekend, I went down to hunt down my life savior; a 2013 agenda.

























Antoine / Beirut Souks branch, downtown:
It's their nicest and biggest branch.
Good stationery selection. Moleskine lovers will also be happy with their wide selection.

Al Bourj / Behind Annahar building, downtown:
The agendas stand narrowed down. Bits and pieces from everything, but not enough to feel like you're "choosing" something. Found the selection a bit school oriented as well.

Virgin Megastore / Opera building, downtown:
The agendas section is replaced by a bottom shelf with 3 agendas and some plain notebooks. 
Pure disappointment. Don't even bother.

Verdict


Expectations poison life. Expect nothing and you'll live happy.
Turns out Lebanon is not a place to buy an Agenda from.

I stumbled upon some awesome choices in Fnac (Paris) in the middle of summer.
If ever in Dubai, go to Paperchase. A pure heaven.
I wouldn't dare dream of buying an agenda from London or New York..

But if the sanity of your life depends on an agenda, opt for a classic one. Decent. But black. 
No patterns :(


Luana



No comments:

Post a Comment