Monday, December 10, 2012

FIVE DELIGHTFUL PLACES WORTH A VISIT THIS CHRISTMAS



You know how it feels when you miss a day of work and go shopping or go to the beach instead? When you know your colleagues are sitting there behind their grey desks counting the hours while yours are flying away? You know how it feels as if the sun is a bit shinier that day? 
This is how I felt this saturday when I dragged myself out of the office with Petra and Lina for a couple of hours walking in one block of Mar Mikhael; I was amazed by all the lovely boutiques that have grown there! I will definitely work on a post about this area (what I call the Papercup area) but today's post is a bit wider; five beautiful places I would definitely visit for my Christmas shopping this year.


1. Pink Henna; Vintage jewelry and accessories boutique /  Mar Mikhael (01 57 03 61)
This place is an awesome find--It is small, but jam packed with goodies old and new. You're 100% bound to find something that makes you go "Oooooo." 

























2. Al bourj; Library /  Nahar building, Downtown (01 97 37 97)
Maybe the smallest library in town- but one with a beautiful vibe and definitely the nicest selection of bandes dessinées in town.























3. Luanatic; Lebanese funny gifts /  Mar Mikhael (70 71 34 35)
If you haven't been to my workshop yet, then now is the time! The space is an old charming flat with high ceiling and old patterned tiles; I just love it! We have new additions to the tote bags (Mehchi keessa? Please!), baby bodies, and mug collections, as well as new wall signs and decals, vintage wallpaper rolls, stylishly funny pins, and artsy notebooks! 
Gifts by the dozen :)


























4. Zara Home; Home accessories / Beirut Souks, Le Mall, ABC Achrafieh
I just love Zara Home! It's the perfect place to shop for family gifts. I usually go there then decide who to get what; whether it's a candle chandelier, or a nice frame that you'd customize with a personal photo, or a big bowl from their new antiquish tableware collection, there's always something that you can get to cross one off your list.  (Oh and remember to buy one or two door knobs while you're there- they're just gorgeous and will surely be handy one day!)




























5.  Spare arts; Furniture and home accessories designer boutique /  Mar Mikhael (01 56 90 70)
Wow, talk about a hidden gem! No, really; I walked by this place and my curiosity was instantly peaked. A line of yellow tap lights calls for you in this beautiful raw space with surprisingly affordable pieces. Definitely worth a visit.






















Luana

No comments:

Post a Comment